April is Limb Loss Awareness Month
During the month of April your school can change the life of an amputee by giving the gift of mobility!
Check out our new video to see how it works
Get started today
STep 1: Let us know that you would like to provide a leg
- Email us at email@example.com and we will help you get up and running
step 2: Sell funky socks
- 3 pair sock packs are sold for $12 per pack and 80 packs = 1 above the knee leg
There are two ways you can sell the socks. Most schools do both.
In person sales: We will send you a box of 50 or 80 packs of assorted socks at no cost to sell at school and in your community.
Online sales: Set up a campaign page for your school HERE and share your message via social media.
step 3: double your impact and help out your local community
- For every pack sold, 1 pair of warm socks will be sent to your school for local donation to a organization of your choice
step 4: get your proof!
- Once the leg(s) have been fit , we will send you a picture and information about the amputee who is now walking because of you!
RESOURCES for schools
Connect it to the classroom:
- Read the Running Dream (Schneider Family Book Award - Teen Book Winner)
- STEM Activity
- Read about the lives that have been changed and discuss
- Create an awareness video with your student that can be shared throughout your community
- Invite an amputee to visit classes and share their story
Funky Sock Activities:
- Host a Sock Hop Dance at the school and use the socks as the price of admission
- Have a Funky Sock Week at school to raise both awareness and funds
- Host a fun walk/run where everyone can wear their socks
We are here to help!
- With over 20 years of teaching experience, our team is ready to help in any way
- Set up a Skype call with us and we can talk to your classes live and answer their questions